Home Forums General Discussion 2.8 upgrade

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Ted 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Is there a release date for this upgrade and what will it contain
    I have been waiting to see all that it had before I take the plung.
    it has to do more the the 2.4 that I am useing know. And would have to be more stable, I am on WNT and 2.4 is pretty solid for me. will I have to go to W2K to get the full benifit of 2.8 ?

John Thomason
    JC Productions

dcooper

The release date for 2.8 is the end of June.

The major functionality addtions will be output to AVI and flattening of the timeline.

We have local and international customers beta testing 2.8 to ensure that the upgrade will be stable.

Although we suggest that you upgrade to W2k sp2, WNT will work just fine with 2.8.

rpetransky

Will we be able to download 2.8 from the website or will we receive it on CD in the mail? What new features are there for those of us who do not have a Time Machine installed?

Thanks,
    Ron

Marc

I thought I’d refresh this topic. Status on 2.8? and will this be a download or a CD delivery?

Thanks much,
    Marc

dcooper

Take a look at the announcement under General Discussion called: 2.8 pre-release ready for download.

tbeck

Has anyone been able to download the upgrade. I used the same username and password from the last upgrade without success. Tried to register and it said the serial number is not valid.

viewaskew

I used the same username and password from the last upgrade without success. Tried to register and it said the serial number is not valid.

hmmm, maybe that contract for that trade had some small “er” print.

maybe, …its just ANOTHER oversight. Hope it doesn’t take as long to correct it as it did for you to transfer the site.

settle down from code RED, this isn’t it. But its coming,… and soon,.

watch the skies.

dcooper

Ted,

The serial number we are looking for is the upgrade key card number if you are an upgraded Trinity customerand the box serial number if you have an original GlobeCaster.

Eric Pratt

A “forgot your password” button would be really nice, I know I registered like a year ago when the last patch was available and don’t quite remember what my password was. I’ve got a lot of people calling me and asking if I have the 2.8 patch and I can’t even get it, and I’m surely not filling out the form again, my system is rackmounted and there’s no way to get at the card. Or better yet, don’t password protect the downloads, since it doesn’t work on a Trinity anyway, what’s the harm?

Eric Pratt
    [i]aka [/i]Pratt in the hat
    <A HREF=”mailto:Eric@virtualsetworks.com”>Eric@virtualsetworks.com</A>
    [url]http://www.virtualsetworks.com/wfxindex.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.virtual-set-design.com[/url]
    [url]http://www.toasterstore.com[/url]

Marc

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about this feature but it seems to work great and flattens in real time. I’ve had 2 dsk layers,FX and 6 audio tracks. Nice work.
    A couple of questions:

Does the Timeline flatten at whatever digitize quality setting is selected or is it fixed?
    I’ve noticed that the flattened clip picons don’t have the film reel edges, so it’s a bit difficult to tell they represent a TM clip. Is there a reason for this?
    Is there any documentation on line about the feature, etc.?

Thanks,
    Marc

tbeck

😀 Wow, I sent an email to GS support around 10PM Saturday evening and got a reply within a few minutes and got the issue resolved right away. I was impressed.

mdabbs

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about this feature but it seems to work great and flattens in real time. I’ve had 2 dsk layers,FX and 6 audio tracks. Nice work.
    A couple of questions:

Does the Timeline flatten at whatever digitize quality setting is selected or is it fixed?
    I’ve noticed that the flattened clip picons don’t have the film reel edges, so it’s a bit difficult to tell they represent a TM clip. Is there a reason for this?
    Is there any documentation on line about the feature, etc.?

Thanks,
    Marc

Good questions Marc, I’ll have to check back with R&D for the answers and will post them when I get them. My theory is that is digitizes at the current setting. I never pay attention to the reel edges, but it may be because its more of a crash digitized clip (like in Switcher) rather than a digitized clip. That’s just a semi-educated guess though until I get a final answer from R&D.

I’ve heard that documentation is still forthcoming since this is just the pre-release of the 2.8 final.

Ted

This could be a plus to help you identify the clips that have been merged!
    Oh, there I go again, being optimistic ❗

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.