Home Forums Troubleshooting A few very minor issues with 3.0…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Karl Lee Soule’ 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

First off, I want to give a big public THANK YOU to Adam, Mike, and the rest of the development team. 3.0 is a huge leap forward, and it continues to surprise me. (Who added the CDDB screen when dragging in a CDA file? 8) )

In producing an awards show recently, I had the opportunity to bang on the software a lot, particularly the Switcher, Editor, A/C, and the Character Generator. In every application, I found marked improvement from past versions. I did run into a small number of problems, however. Most of these are “legacy issues” that just haven’t been addressed yet. but there were one or two new issues.

1. Import of QuickTime. I tried to import an MJPEG-compressed QuickTime file into the Editor. The import routine locked up. The clip originated from the “artBeats” package.

2. Import of the same QuickTime file into A/C worked, but the saved TM clip had stutters in it. I’ve seen this one before – it’s been around since 2.4 days.

3. Stills created in A/C saved with timeline will not import into the Character Generator. In order to use a still made in A/C, you need to turn off the “Include Timeline” button in A/C. I think the CG program is trying to read the timeline, and it’s gakking on it.

4. (More of a feature request) The import of audio files into the editor is GREATLY improved. I was able to drag in AVI’s, WAV’s, MP3’s, CDA’s, and they all imported perfectly. However, the audio levels on most files are way too hot initially. The files aren’t distorted themselves – they just play back too hot. I usually needed to bring down the audio level to -12dB to avoid distortion. Is there a way to set the baseline audio level for imported clips? That would be big for me.

5. In A/C, clips longer than about 5 seconds would save with errors most of the time. I think this was tied in with the quality setting. I seemed to get good renders when the quality setting was at 5. The errors occurred when I left it at 0. The errors would be black screens, pink/green flashing frames, etc.

These issues above were just minor bumps in the road, and all could be worked around. Once again, thank you guys for a great software release!

petes

4. (More of a feature request) The import of audio files into the editor is GREATLY improved. I was able to drag in AVI’s, WAV’s, MP3’s, CDA’s, and they all imported perfectly. However, the audio levels on most files are way too hot initially. The files aren’t distorted themselves – they just play back too hot. I usually needed to bring down the audio level to -12dB to avoid distortion. Is there a way to set the baseline audio level for imported clips? That would be big for me.

I’ve noticed that for some time, but if a change is made, it should be a setting we can establish and adjust as a default (ie -12db on imported clicps), otherwise if it’s just tweeked down in the software, we could end up really needing that extra volume on some clips…

Agreed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.