Home Forums How can I do this? Archives BEFORE I SELL MY TOASTER

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Forrest McKinney 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

KIKI LOPEZ

DOES ANYBODY KNOWS HOW TO MAKE OR TRANSFER ALL THOSE REALLY NICE TOASTER EFFECTS LIKE THE PUZZLE OR THE CUBE TO THE TRINITY? I WOULD LIKE TO SELL MY TOASTER BUT I WANT TO KEEP THOSE EFFECTS. THEY SAY THE TRINITY CAN DUPLICATE ANY EFFECT EVER MADE, BUT I AM NOT THAT GOOD AT MAKING EFFECTS.
    THANKS…….KIKI LOPEZ

Phil

I think you’ll have to forget your toaster effects. However it is easy to make cool personnal effects (With Pfx and Panamation).
    Do the tutorials and you’ll see how easy it can be. If you really don’t want to do your own, there are the sampler effects and all the ones that will be on the internet someday. (check out the links section of this page and go to the mailing list site, they have an effect to download)
    You have to look in the future, not the past.
    Good luck!

Ted

Kiki,I read somewhere in here that someone was able to take Toaster effects and somehow save them in Panamation. This suprised me but there might be a way. I’ll see if I can locate that post. Until then you might call Play. I’m sure they could help. By the way, your not the Kiki from Play are you? Ted Ad-Venture Video Productions

Eric Pratt

While there is no file format conversion for toaster wipes to the TFX file format (the FX format for the Trinity) I have heard of some people having luck playing their toaster into the Trinity with black and white for their program and preview. Then recording a ClipMem and using the luma data to make that a wipe. This doesn’t work for the DVEs that well (but who wants aliased DVEs anyway) but works just fine for the 2D wipes.
    I think our Kiki’s last name is Stockhammer Ted, or at least that’s what it says on the door behind me.

Eric Pratt
    Trinity Tech Rep

EricP@play.com
    http://www.play.com

KIKI LOPEZ

Ted, I am not the Kiki from play, that’s my nickname. They call me Kiki or Kike (spanish) for “Enrique”. That’s my real name.

Phil, I have been playing with PFX and I like it but I think that after paying $5000.00 for a Trinity I could get a few effects like the Toaster. I think that some of the effects in Trinity are repeated. Many of them are just DVE effects flying out. I like all the fire effects in Trinity, but I shoot and edit wedding, I don’t think they would like to see fire burning over their video or a football helmet flying across the screen. That’s why I steel have to keep my Toaster.
    I have a question. Why is it that I don’t have to wait for an effect to load in my old Amiga 2000 that is like 10 years old and I have to wait about 3 to 5 sec to load a Trinity effect? Also I would like Play to add three keyboard shortcuts for the effect’s speed like (S)low (M)edium (F)ast.

Kiki,

Trinity effects get to be quite big especially if you have graphics with them. The Toaster effects that had graphics were low res and not 60 fields per seccond. The speed thing is just the ammount of time it takes for your computers hard drive to chunk the effect over video net to the Trinity.

Trinity already has keybaord shortcuts for Slow, Medium and Fast effect speeds and the y are the same ones you use with the Toaster. I beleave they are , and / , but I may be off a bit. Just go to help and look at the keyboard shortcut areas to see the commands. Now certain Trinity effects (like those with Graphics and DVE) Have a pre-set number of frames, so there can be no more or less. All the Smpte wipes and disolves are fully changeable though, so just try the keys and you will see the patern to what is speed controlable and what is not.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.