Home Forums GC Archives Bug fix for 2.8.2

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  aidonor 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

A small bug has been detected in build 3186 (2.8.2) of GlobeCaster software. In the Character Generator, only images saved as .tfs can be loaded (as opposed to normal operation, which allows virtually any format). This problem was not reported during beta testing and we only just became aware of it.

Rather than create a new patch, we have a new .dll to fix this error. Go to [url]ftp://mercury.globalstreams.com/builds/GlobeCaster/2.8.2/TitleWave.dll[/url] and copy this overtop of the existing file in your \Windows\System32\Play folder. This will solve the problem.

This will be a part of future builds and if you are not bringing other graphics into the CG, then you don’t have to download this file.

aidonor

Thanks!
    I was about to email for this 🙂

RomainR

Thanks a bunch.

MMIevents

You guys at Tech Support are so on the ball these days! Thanks for the quick solution. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Kennedy

Thanks for the fix. I just wonder who it is that does the beta testing? Pretty suprising that a bug like this got through. I would think that the majority of users import graphics into CG on a regular basis.

mdabbs

We have a group of beta testers that participate as time allows. Unfortunately, this was a bug that is used heavily by some and not at all by others. Plus, the fact that it was not part of any new code made it less likely to be caught during the beta.

Since you mention it, we are always looking to add to our beta group. We have some strict guidelines relating to how much time you have to test new builds and reporting what you find. If you’re interested, send an email to support@ and we’ll consider adding you into the group.

RomainR

I’m still and always interested in Beta testing…

aidonor

I like beta testing too 🙂 We use some aspects that people are falling away from now like heavy linear editing which IS mixing more with nonlinear now. We also use mixed tape formats and yes, we use LOTS of JPEG files in our graphics. When you deal with a bunch of people who have home computers and digital cameras it’s a nice transportable format for them to bring in stills with. SPeaking of things I DO have a list of stuff to email Mike *grins evilly*.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.