Home Forums Beta Testing Build 3171

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  petes 2 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

petes

Ok, I know this release is mostly about AVI out, but I just got my DVIO today… and I’m having issues…

When it was first recognized I had Play, Record, and Off as options in the VTR transport panel. And also somewhere in the Serial Devices config as well… I think. Then I set up the profile, named it and saved. (I am testing with a Sony DCR-TRV120) Now all I get is Play and Off. I can’t get it to be a record deck in Editor either, only a source. I have played with the record enable button in the deck profile, switched the card to “out” mode… nothing seems to work. However, if I click the record button, it goes into record… even if the record deck button in the serial device profile is deselected.

After switching it back and forth from “in” mode to “out” mode, the audio dropped out… I see it in the mixed, but it doesn’t make to the outputs… Reset GC, still no good. I can log a clip in Editor and preview it in th etime line-no audio, though the meters show it’s there. And if a play a TM clip, tha audio plays out. Tried a mic input-I see meters tripping for both the DVIO input AND the mic, but only the mic audio makes it out. (Bad audio router… again?!) Lastly I tried going to Seriel Devices and selected slots 1-4 (again), bang, audio’s back! 😕

With the sync mode (in advanced input options) set to bypass it still “looks” locked in switcher. I’m used to having to set TM to the input rather than program out for non-synced sources. But here I don’t see the tear, even after restarting the camcorder from power off (resetting it’s internal sync).

When I tried to save the Advanced Input Settings I got an error (apparantly the 3 defaults are write protected)… so then I renamed and saved one… then there where 4, so I renamed the 4th one and saved.. aack! now there are 5… can these be cleared? (Tried \play\icons, and \nbin_cache, didn’t help.)

petes

Tried the uncompressed export with default settings from time line. It works, but as Mike requested, need to try other configs. (I tried different resolutions, frame rates, which worked. I also tried MS Video 1 codec, fails w/ 80004005 error, Dr. Watson once. Cinepak’s codec is very slow, about 4x, but it worked also, though it didn’t look so hot.)

I did notice that after I exported a 2 second clip and then dropped it back on the time line, it is only 1:29 long-the last frame is missing. In MS Active Movie control it says 60 frames though.

Is right click on a clip the only way to do this? I was expecting an “export time line” option. A Flatten time line would do it of course…

petes

Mike, after our 7/26 hone call…

Advance input props are stored in \drivers. There will be a driver file (ex: 34-xxx-xxx.x) that will have another file with the same name and “.2” appended to it. (Use time stamp to locate which one you modified. I also appears that some at least correspond to card #s ie 34-059-4.003 is a SVHS/Comp input card.) Anyway, if you delete the .2 file then the non-default saved setups for that card are gone.

There appears to be an issue using the firewire device as a record source. I moved the DVIO card to another slot, and now I can see Play, Record, and Off as options in the VTR transport panel, so it can function as a recorder there now, but it still refuses to let me change the “N” to “Y” in the serial device panel for that slot. Which means it isn’t recognized in Editor as a record device option, only a source option.

petes

Another thing I notice using the Sony TRV120, is that the first time it is turned on and hooked up you have to press play on th ecamcorder once to “wake up” the communication between it and the GC. Until you do, no GC commands are recognized, after you do it’s fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.