Home Forums Troubleshooting Clip Mems

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mdabbs 2 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

rpetransky

I’m trying to make a 1 second A/V edit using the clip mem feature. I’m getting a bunch of artifacts in the clip mem. Any ideas? I’m using 2.7

Thanks,
    Ron

petes

Does the time line play OK?

Define “bunch of artifacts”?

Can you preview OK? What does the preview look like?

rpetransky

Yeah, the timeline plays fine. In fact, the system even makes the edit. The problem is the rendered clip mem. The artifacts consist of a bunch of flash frames and lines along with the video. The footage is coming off of a DVC Pro tape into the Globecaster via SDI. I have 2 warp engines each with 128MB of RAM. My switcher also has 128MB. I’ve never had any problems with warp effects, but this is the first time I’m trying to create a clip mem. Could it be my graphic card?

Dupree Jones

I have this same problem. I reported it over a year ago. I got no response from tech support. I’m running 2.4 patch blah blah blah and had hoped this would’ve cleared up with the newer software.

It’s like every other field of A/V video is corrupt. It turns a red tint and has lines running through it.

rpetransky

Steve:
    What kind of graphics card are you using?

mdabbs

I don’t think the graphics card in the PC would have anything to do with it. The system is basically recording the video to the Warp Engine and then storing it up on the PC.

Here are a few things to try to narrow down the problem…

1. Try creating the clipmems manually by splitting one of your overlapping clips, right-clicking on the overlapped section and select Record to hard drive. If this works, then it could be something in the “automatic” operation of creating the A/V edit.

2. Try pulling each Warp Engine in turn to see if it has any effect. The gak could be caused by bad pieces of memory on the warp engine which may not show up during normal use.

Because ClipMems use the Warp Engine memory, you cannot use a warped effect in the transition. I’m not sure this is the case, but I thought I would mention that just in case.

Let me know…

rpetransky

OK, I was tinkering around with it before I saw your reply and I think it’s working correctly. For some reason I was seeing flash frames and other artifacts from a Panamation project I was working on. I loaded a bunch of two channel effects then closed out of the program and restarted the box. This cleared it up and I’ve successfully made a clip mem.

Does it matter which track I place a clip on to create a clip mem? Can I save audio with a clip mem?

mdabbs

It doesn’t matter which track. To the system it either dissolves from or back to the linear clip. Unfortunately, audio is not possible. There’s no place for the system to buffer the audio as it can with video.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.