Home Forums How can I do this? Archives Creating Diagonal Wipe w/ Graphic

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eric Pratt 2 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Avidman

Was wondering what the best way to create an effect that can be used over and over again in the switcher including a graphic. What I am trying to do is create a diagonal wipe with a “sports banner” on it (similar to the ABC wipe) and similar to the “LATER” effect already in the switcher. What would be the best way to do this? Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim Foster

Well, assuming it’s just a wipe with no transformation of the video, Panamation is the way to go. For the basics, check out Eric P’s instructions in the Tutorials section of this site.

Reproducing the ‘Later’ effect isn’t that difficult either, provided you’ve got a 3D modeling program handy. Make a box; texture two sides and give the ‘face’ a distinct surface name. In PFX, map the Program video to that surface and then fly the object off the screen.

That’s just an off-the-cuff-before-I’ve-had-caffiene response. If you’d like something more detailed, give me more specifics for your project and I’ll see what I can do. 🙂

Eric Pratt

I happened to have been looking at that very same effect while watching the golf tournament Sunday afternoon and thought to myself, I could do that really easily in Panamation, in fact I could make it look better because their’s was kind of choppy and aliased (I really can’t watch TV anymore without thinking how Trinity could do it better).

Go into Panamation or any graphics program for that matter and design a diagonal graphic, maybe a red bar with a logo in the middle and an alpha channel (ie everything but the bar is transparent).

Bring this object into the second layer of Panamation and choose Wipe from the types selector. Animate it so that it moves across the screen perpendicular to the diagonal. Go to the first layer and animate a solid object moving with the diagonal wipe bar. The first layer of a Wipe determines what is program and what is preview, anything solid is preview anything transparent is program. The second layer is graphics, so anything you put on that layer will appear as graphics. In this fashion you can make all kinds of graphics reveal your preview video.

For the actual mechanics and buttons to press check out the Animated Wipe with Graphics Tutorial on this site somewhere.
    If you have further questions you can email me and I’ll give you a detailed responce.

Eric Pratt
    Trinity Tech Rep
    Ericp@play.com
    http://www.play.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.