Home Forums Success Stories Dreamworks Presents "The Terminal"

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Casey Green 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Casey Green

This weekend (June 18th) marks the opening of the new Feature Film, “The Terminal”, which has quite a few big names attached.

Starring are oscar winners Tom Hanks and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Directing was done by Steven Spielberg, it was produced by Dreamworks SKG, and one other big name was involved quite a bit during the production…. GlobeCaster.

The story is of a foreigner who comes to visit America, but gets caught up in customs bureaucracy when his country’s government is overthrown by a coup. The end result is that Tom Hank’s character, Viktor Navorski, can not enter America, and can not go home, so he ends up living at the International Terminal of JFK airport. The set was an amazing life-size replica of the JFK Terminal and was constructed in an airline hanger in Palmdale, CA.

As part of a great team, I was tasked with creating and building alot of the video content for playback such as the fictional TV News Network (GHN – Global Headline News) which is featured throughout the film, showing War Reports coming out of the fictional country of Krakozhia. The GlobeCaster was heavily used to create graphics, animations, and edit news footage. It was also used quite a bit during the actual shoot to playback various video content for hundreds of monitors on-set.

Having all the real-time horse power of 4 animated DSK layers, Color correction, NLE clip playback, and FX was great. We even were able to make changes to the videos on the fly, on set which was a lifesaver.

The GlobeCaster also was used to do some effects for security cameras and other live cameras on-set.

Thanks to GlobalStreams for continuing to support this one-of-a-kind production tool.

The Terminal opens this weekend – trailers and lots of other info and pictures can be seen at:

http://www.theterminalthemovie.com

hope you enjoy the picture,

Casey Green
    Los Angeles

Bret

We’ll look for your name on the credits Casey. Good use of the features GC has to offer. It’s a name that often gets over looked in larger productions.

askorte

Casey,

I’ve seen some previews, and it looks like a good story to boot! Looking forward to it.

~Adam

Ted

Congrats Casey!!!
    It’s always good to see our friends work the big shows and having fun.
    It’s also great to see the GC doing big time stuff. It really is a great tool.

When the additional DSK’s became available, that was the single biggest development for post for me. I remember having to add all GFX in Panamation, coming in at just the right time, then render it all out just to have the client tell you he wanted something changed. That was a pain!!!

Again, congrats!!!

Casey Green

Thanks everyone… keep on keepin on. 🙂

-CG

Tim Johnson

Congrats, Casey! That’s very cool!

tvgenius

My wife and I went to see it last night… but unfortunately the fool in the projection room decided we only needed to see the first third of the credits and cut it off at the makeup people. We were going to watch for your name…

The theater had another showing starting five minutes from when the showing we went to ended (from when the credits started) so I guess they needed the time to ‘rewind’. So what if the 9:45pm Sunday showing starts late?

Ted

I saw the movie last night also. I forgot about the GC being used though! 😕
    Over all, I thought the movie was about an 8. Slow for the first 1/3, but overall a pleasurable movie.
    But the stuff you did was great! 😉

Casey Green

Thanks again.

It was a fun picture to be a part of. You can see GlobeCaster video output when they are running the News segments as well as alot of TV commercials and Security cameras, etc.

too bad they cut off the credits for ya tvgenius. 😉

-CG

tvgenius

I’m lucky because my wife works in TV too (at the CBS affil we were working at when we met) so she can actually stand my endless rants about technology and stuff… and actually gets something out of NAB… 🙂

She just wishes they had the same level of technology we do…

Bret

Saw the movie last night. Saw your name on the credits and also watched for the monitors in the film. Cool. Nice job once again Casey.

MMIevents

Great job with your GC Casey! Nice to see a familiar name in the credits. It’s at times like these that I wish we were related!

Casey Green

hahah – thanks Doug, and everyone for the kind words.

If only the Execs knew that the GlobeCaster could have also done the Cursive Handwriting effect they used in the main credits…. 🙂

thanks again,

-CG

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.