Home Forums How can I do this? Archives FX with Crawl or Roll

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  marcus 2 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

marcus

Is there a way to have a titlewave crawl or roll page OVER a FX. For example, in the switcher you select the CUBE effect—the one with the cube with live video and reflecting water….I want to run a TW roll page over this …but it just snaps back out of the effect to full frame video in the switcher. I would also like to have a lower third added to a page with the revolving ray gun….any suggestions for this newbie would be appreciated!

Jerry

marcus

Jerry, this is the way I can understand it, although E.P.-P.G. may have to correct me on some details. Trinity has a graphics generator which can only handle one request at a time. The cube effect has graphic elements in it (the water, the starfield, etc), and when you try to insert a DSK, Trinity has to quit the cube effect in order to generate the graphics for the DSK. You can still insert DSKs over effects that do not have any graphics in them, like dissolves, wipes, slides, etc. I’m not sure if Play has plans to correct this shortcoming, but I bet they have something up their sleves. How about it EP?

Eric Nuelsen One Way Productions

marcus

Again, Eric has the bulk of the answer down, but let me put a few refinements on it. Any FX that ghost out the DSK button are using that graphics engine. The most explicit example of this is the Graphics button in PFX, with it off, the DSK is not used (and therefore only warped video will result) with it on the DSK is used (ie a DVE with a frame around it with a texture like wood (a tutorial you should see from me later today)). With such effects as the spinning polygon (it’s not really a cube (it’s actually an extruded Play triangle!)) and teapot set both the FX and DSK are used in conjuction to make the really awesome effects. Now as for future expansions that would let you do a crawl and these great effects at the same time I am not at liberty to say, however one may speculate as to what “Downstream Video and Graphics Processors” labeled in the back of the blue Trinity brochure are for. Eric Pratt Trinity Tech Rep

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.