Home Forums How can I do this? Archives Graphics Tablet?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Steve stonewoodstudios 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jim Foster

Has anyone out there hooked up a graphics tablet to their Trinity for working in Panamation?

From the Play side, are there any reccomendations or tech issues to be aware of?

Eric Pratt

We’ve used all manner of Wacom tablets with the Trinity software and had no problems. It is especially useful with Panamation but I also have made good use of a tablet and mouse for the Switcher (I haven’t found the good of a tablet in Preditor but anyone feel free to crrect me on this). Less related, Amorphium, our new organic 3D modeling and animation software is to date the only software to take full advantage of all of the features of the Wacom Intuos letting you use both the 4D mouse and the Pen at the same time (the mouse controlling object rotation and the pen providing location and deformation strength). I had no problems installing any of the tablets.

Eric Pratt
    Trinity Tech Rep

EricP@play.com
    http://www.play.com

Ted

Eric, Wher is Amorphium? I have already placed my order with Little Lisa, but no delivery yet. I can’t wait to try it out. Ted Ad-Venture Video Productions

russq

Eric,
    Does Panamation respond to differences in pressure with the tablet? What do you have to configure in Panamation?

Thanks,
    Russ

Mark Randall

Ted,

Amorphium is very nearly ready to ship. The legendary “Play Creative Underground” is sending the packaging off to the printer today. The packaging took a little extra time to finish. It will actually have a 3D hologram image created in Amorphium on the front of the box. It should ship by the end of the month.

I think you’ll like it a lot… it’s a whole new kinda 3D!

— Mark

What is the pricing on this 3D tool?

How will it tie into the Trinity?

We are looking for a 3Dtool (prce is an object here …no pun intended), that will enable us to create some basic 3D objects (Ie. logos, boxes, words, etc.) to be used with panimation.

Thanks for all the great info!
    S2

——————
    Steve Savanyu
    Stonewood Studios
    Geneva, IL
    //homepage.interaccess.com/~stonewd/index.htm

Eric Pratt

As for the pricing on Amorphium I’m not the right person to say. All I can say is when I was asked how much I would pay for it, I said “500 dollars” and it turned out to be signifigantly less than that. As for how it works with Trinity? Well, have you ever wanted to take 3D text and fly it around and wrap live video on it? Have you ever wanted to make an animation of your text morphing and untwisting and use it as a DSK? Or just simply make a nice organic object without delving into spline modelers and NURBS? This is what Amorphium can do and having played with it for a few months I can definitly give it my endorsment for use with the Trinity, especially at its price point.

Eric Pratt
    Trinity Tech Rep

EricP@play.com
    http://www.play.com

Eric,

Thanks for the response. This is what we basically want to do without getting into major 3D design and modelling.

I will be pulling out the old GPoP (Green Piece of Plastic) to order this asap.

S2

——————
    Steve Savanyu
    Stonewood Studios
    Geneva, IL
    //homepage.interaccess.com/~stonewd/index.htm

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.