Home Forums How can I do this? Archives How do I create the glowing text effect?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Hopkins 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I want to the create the glowing effect like the one on the default Trinity framestore. I tried in PANAM to change the shadow color properties on some text but that did not work.

Adrian Grey

It seems to me that the shadows work a little differently in Panamation. Have you tried it in Title Wave? Set the shadow color to yellow or whatever you want, and the opacity to 70 or something. If this gets the desired effect, you can just import this into Panamation. Good luck!

Eric Nuelsen
    One Way Productions

A trick to get a glow in panamation is to use EDGE WIDTH on text.

Example:
    Using the Text brush (Aa is what it has on the picon), type in “GLOW”. Now select the text. Right click the text, and select the item properties.

Now you have several options; choose EDGE WIDTH. It doesn’t take alot to make the text ‘defocus’. While this isn’t a gaussian type blur, it does give a resonable effect. I recommend you try an edge with of say 2 or 3. This _slightly_ defocuses the text.

Now either copy and paste that text or retype it EXACTLY on the same spot. Make sure the new text is up FRONT (select by right clicking on it). Now change it’s properties EDGE WIDTH to zero. You now have a text brush with a slight ‘glow’ around it.

While this is very primitive as is, it may suit your purposes. However, you can do several text layers with varying levels of transparency on the ‘defocused text’. Furthermore, you can select different colors for each layer.

Also, if you size the defocused text, over time, you can make the “glow” ‘radiate’ or ‘grow’.

Of course, you don’t have to use the text in Panamation. For even more control over the text, use Titlewave to make your text with sides, borders, face alphas, etc. and save the text objects using the SAVE SELECTION. Load those saved selections into Panamation, and now the opportunities are even greater.

Looking back over this, I didn’t intend to make a tutorial when I started typing. Really, it lacks precision to be a true tutorial, so if you would like one, just let me know and I’ll go step by step with more exact details.

One last thing: this is just ONE way to do a glow. There IS a way to make Titlewave’s shadow work like a glow, but that’s another story. 🙂

Hope this helps,

Anthony D. Coppedge

coppedge@yahoo.com

Thanks guys, I will try out both options.

David

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.