Home Forums How can I do this? JPG Image Size

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Haskell 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

GHolzer

Just finished a project that was completely Jpg images.
    The image file sizes were 960 x 720, this size did not fill the screen there was a gutter on both sides.
    Do imported images need to be 720 x 486?

I resized the each image to 720 x 486 to fill the screen…About 300.
    My other question is, is there another way to achieve a full screen image of the slides other than changing each individual slide?

Thanks Gary

Thomas

If you have Photoshop you can use the Batch function and do them in a hurry!

Be sure the images are 72dpi. Also if the images were not made for video’s rectangular pixels they will still be distorted. A circle looks tall and thin. There is a formula for correcting this in photoshop. Let me know if you need it.

GHolzer

Thanks, that will help in the future.

Gary

Using Photoshop create or bring your image into a canvas 720×576 @ 72dpi.
    When working with higher res images I resize it at the higher res and drag it into the 720×576 canvas using trail and error until it looks right. You may need to create a border to keep the image in the safe area.
    Once you are satisfied flatten the image and resize to 720×486, also change the canvas size to 720×486 (It will look distorted in Photoshop). Save as a jpeg and load it in trinity.

If you are using After Effects there is a D1 option built in.
    Check here for more info:
    http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/1809a.htm

Mike Haskell

You should not bring it into the trinity in jpeg format. Jpeg is a lossy compression. Save it as a tif file and then open in the trinity app of choice.

D1/DV NTSC Uses a 0.9 pixel aspect ratio. Use this setting if your video has a 720 x 480 or 720 x 486 frame size, and your desired result is a 4:3 frame aspect ratio.

D1/DV PAL Uses a 1.0666 pixel aspect ratio. Use this setting if your video has a 720 x 576 frame size, and your desired result is a 4:3 frame aspect ratio.

Depending on what card you use. It could be 534 or 540 for ntsc

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.