Home Forums General Discussion Need Memory For Warp Engine

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  aidonor 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

FCCFREE

Please Help
    We are looking for a 128 Pin 5.5 volt 128k Stick for our Warp Engine
    We have a Trinity, The Great Blue Box
    john@fccfree.com
    http://www.fccfree.com

Ted

Look at the list of Globalstream dealers and they can fix you up.

I really reccomend using a true Globalstreams dealer to save you a lot of headaches!!! 😉
    Everyone is an expert on memory, or so they will tell you when they sell you the wrong stuff! 😆

FCCFREE

😆
    I am cool with that but i dont think there is a dealer in the Scottsdale area
    If so please let me know
    John

petes

1-800-4-memory

Coast to Coast Memory

128 MB RAM

PN: SNED32U/128/G5V60

Cost last november: $29 ea.

They meet the exact spec. Have been using them ever since, no problems.

mdabbs

Depending on your revision of Warp Engine, you can get by with two types of memory. Your revision is the ‘X’ in the part number: 34-099-X. If you have a rev 1 or 2, then 64MB will be the maximum recognized and it requires true 5v I/O tolerant memory meaning NOT 3.3V with a 5V regulator. If you have a rev 3 or 4, it will recognize up to 128MB but still requires the true 5v I/O tolerant RAM. If you have a rev 5, then you can use the 3.3V RAM with a 5V regulator. These rules also apply to the Switcher card. The DSK cards all can use the regulated type RAM.

I’ve seen 3 vendors that match the specs. I, nor GlobalStreams, recommends one over the other. I’m only listing them as options if you do not have a reseller in your area.

JCV – 888-714-4jcv
    Coast to Coast (As Pete mentioned) – http://www.coastmemory.com
    Crucial Technologies – http://www.crucial.com

aidonor

1-800-4-memory

Coast to Coast Memory

128 MB RAM

PN: SNED32U/128/G5V60

Cost last november: $29 ea.

They meet the exact spec. Have been using them ever since, no problems.

Thanks!
    They’re currently $30
    Beats the $500 a set I had to spend a few years back.
    Think I’ll get some spares at this price 🙂

🙄
    BEWARE: Before you try to order from Coast to Coast, be prepared to face an interrogation. In fact, Coast to Coast flatly REF– USED to sell memory to one staffer, saying it is NOT for the Trinity. I personally had to concoct a silly story of “gee, I dunno, I’m just the secretary, and my boss says I have to order this,” in order to get past the inquisition.

If you can convince them to sell it to you (??!!!), it works just fine! Thanks, Pete!

petes

Yeah, I know… they tried that on me for a second, but they are just covering their butts. Just tell them you understand that the responsibility for compatability is totally on you-no returns, and they’ll chill out. 🙂

aidonor

hehe
    Why tell them anything. just order online 🙂
    Thas how I do it 🙂 The website doesn’t ask what its for and besides…
    It’s not their business what I am putting it in. It’s my responsibility to know what I am ordering. I paid a bit more for mine so I could order through one of our vendors (about $55 a piece) but work doesn’t believe in credit cards and I’m not spending my money on it. Coast to Coast doesn’t take PO’s unless it’s for over $500 I believe and umm well I didn’t need THAT many.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.