Home Forums How can I do this? Upgrade Help New Trinity Upgrade Option Available!

This topic contains 23 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Jim Capillo 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

bdavis
    Participant

Trinity Users Now Have 2 Great Options for Upgrading!

FULL UPGRADE – $4,995.00

SOFTWARE-ONLY UPGRADE – $1,995.00

For details:

http://www.globalstreams.com/products/upgrade/?e=homepage

or call: 1-800-788-8205 ext. 452!

chan1pro

I would be willing to pay fair, real, & equitable money for these fixes. The soft ware must be bug free. Just think, a happy user base = More customers squared.. Talk about cheep advertising. Take a lesson from a successful companies like Newtek..

As a long time Trinity user. overall it’s a great product. I have made a good living with it. The work arounds kill my time off. .Items that need to be fixed or added are:

I am having problems with wav files audio levels. The audio levels are high when imported into time machine, so I go to the properties panel and reduce the levels which works fine, the problem is you can’t animate the audio (do fade out or in). The audio levels go back to the original level. Is this a bug or is there a procedure I need to know about? Any work rounds? Also it seems that audio exported to sound forge for editing with no level changes and imported back, the audio levels change from the original.

1. Audio & audio tools need to be fixed in Preditor. Levels, fades, dips don’t work correctly or are very sloppy. Take a look at the VT2 how they animate audio, its great.
    2. DSK & Stills needs to have user presets for length that work.
    3. DSK & audio Fades in / out length, need presets
    4. Need the time line to be able to dumb memory or ability to flatten the time line.
    5. Convert stills to video clips in the Preditor hard drives.
    6. Deleting clips on predator hard drives sometime corrupt other clips.
    7. Fix the bugs in the CG.
    8. Ability to make longer annum’s in Panimation. Maybe render the anum to video hard drives.
    9. Make it easier to replace brush stokes in Panimation. by dropping a new brush on top of an old one.
    10. User friendly Drawing tools in Panimation.
    11. 50% dissolves in Preditor.
    12. The ability to use larger hard drives.
    13. The ability to convert to other video formats. AVI, MPEG 1 & 2 etc.
    14. DV support in and out.
    15. User defined keyboard short cuts.
    16. An external edit controller with Jog shuttle would be great.
    17. Assemble edit would be nice.
    18. DVD support would be great.
    19. Free 12 month Tech support with upgrade.
    20. Hardware support.
    21. In Preditor, the ability to multiple clips and do batch fades with user definable presets.
    22. Good communication of the home front to all customers.

Anybody have any other issues let them know now. Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel for saving our investment.
    8)

mdabbs

This is great feedback. I’ll pass this post on to Product Management. Let me address a few issues you brought up:

Animating audio in Preditor causes the levels to be locked high. This was by design, and I assume it was because since you were animating it, you could pull the levels down manually. I do think the levels change when you import and export. I’m not sure why but I know this was addressed in one of the later builds. I’ll have to defer to R&D to see what the current status is.

Some of your feature requests have already been implemented in 2.6 and 2.7. Specifically, items 5 & 8. Also, we support up to 73GB SCSI drives in the Time Machine. I’m not sure what sizes you were asking about.

There is free software/hardware support with the standard upgrade, but not with the software only version.

DV is nearing its initial release scheduled for mid to late June. It will support the DV25 standard and will do audio/video in or out (not simultaneously) and also have deck control. Export to AVI is also “on deck” for late June. From AVI, you’ll be able to go to almost any other format (MPEG, QT, etc) using 3rd party tools.

On item 22, that’s what I’m here for. Especially this forum, but I also welcome phone calls and emails.

aidonor

Export to AVI is also “on deck” for late June. From AVI, you’ll be able to go to almost any other format (MPEG, QT, etc) using 3rd party tools.

😀 This means I can have my users produce programs to GC nonlinear, convert to a full functioning (quality) AVI and then convert it using our AVI-MPEG-2 converter tool that came withour encoders right?

I assume the testing on the AVI out is going on so is the AVI conversion real time or what’s the time conversion factor? This really means a lot to me since I got budget approval for an upgrade package and this may guarantee I don’t look elsewhere if I know it’s coming in June (our budget begins July 1).

Also will the GC accept AVI (or other formats) in? I have a guy making an animation show where people send him AVI and some QT files and he has to convert to tape before he can edit them currently.

If this all happens then all I am really waiting for is the outboard switcher control surface and a way to use newer RAM on the cards. Tell me those are really in the works and I’m a happy camper.

mdabbs

I haven’t seen a version with AVI export yet, but it is supposed to be close. I’m still hearing “end of June.” As far as conversion times, I haven’t heard. I don’t think it will be any faster than real-time, but I could see where it might be slower depending on the contents of the timeline. Linear clips will definately play a huge role. You can definately take the AVI and encode it with your favorite 3rd party encoders to whatever format you need.

The GC will currently import AVIs if you have a Time Machine. There are limitations such as requiring the right frame size and frame rate. When its not 720×486 30/60 fps, it has to try to convert it. QuickTime is also supported but I think there are compatibility issues with QT5.

Finally, the external switcher is also said to be in the works. Its delivery date is still uncertain but steps are being taken to bring it to reality.

markchau

How long of a period is the SW only upgrade path.

I am also a radio station GM. One particular automation system wanted $14,000.00 for a complete system HW & SW. And then they had the nerve to want $150/month for the privledge of recieving QUARTERLY updates if needed.

I am assuming that the $1995 is a one time fee?

aidonor

Does the importing of AVI and QT(other than 5) carry the audio with it or not? I remember that was an issue at one time and did not know if it had been cleared up. We plan on getting TM so hopefully, if the audio is carried in too, this will help several of our people out.

mdabbs

I don’t recall the length of the software upgrade. I’ll have to check that in the morning. The $1995 is a one-time only fee, not recurring. It gets you the software, a hardware upgrade card and a new skin.

Importing AVI and QT also imports the audio. I’ve had much, much less experience in importing QT. I do know that it uses the built-in audio and video codecs that are installed under Windows so whatever codec was used to encode the AVI/QT, then you need the same codec installed to import it into GC.

Now I know the software only upgrade will get me 2.8,my question is will there be a additional cost for 2.9 or 3.0 or do we get for our 2000.00 free upgrades for a year or at least to version
    3.0 ❓ After 3.0 what will the cost of the upgrades be atfter 1 year
    $2000.00 again or 200.00 or 500.00 ❓ It would be nice to know what I will be getting myself into before I take the plung

John Thomason
    JC Productions

mdabbs

Now I know the software only upgrade will get me 2.8,my question is will there be a additional cost for 2.9 or 3.0 or do we get for our 2000.00 free upgrades for a year or at least to version
    3.0 ❓ After 3.0 what will the cost of the upgrades be atfter 1 year
    $2000.00 again or 200.00 or 500.00 ❓ It would be nice to know what I will be getting myself into before I take the plung

After upgrading, you’ll get free updates for the next 12 months, even with 3.0. I’m not sure on the upgrade cost beyond that. Historically its been $500 for each major version upgrade.

mdabbs

How long of a period is the SW only upgrade path.

I am also a radio station GM. One particular automation system wanted $14,000.00 for a complete system HW & SW. And then they had the nerve to want $150/month for the privledge of recieving QUARTERLY updates if needed.

I am assuming that the $1995 is a one time fee?

The length of the Software Only upgrade has not been given a deadline at this time.

Will the upgrade also include manuels for the new sofware?

John Thomason
    JC Production

mdabbs

I’m not sure about printed manuals. I think it might. Regardless, there are electronic versions available in .pdf format.

aidonor

Where are the pdf files? I could find them on the old Play site but have not seen them here. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong places.

mdabbs

[url]http://www.globalstreams.com/support/downloads/manuals/[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.