Home Forums How can I do this? Upgrade Help New Trinity Upgrade Option Available!

This topic contains 23 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Jim Capillo 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

chan1pro

This is a Big mistake at the steep 😈 $1995.00 upgrade price. Anytime you make Changes to software there will be issues. Free Tech support is a must until all issues are taken care of.

mdabbs

Fee-based tech support revolves around non-functioning boxes. If there are issues with the software, they will likely surface pretty quickly and be forwarded back to R&D and QA. I don’t see that every single customer would be charged a fee because an issue was introduced or not solved from a previous version.

thanatos

I think that the software only upgrade should not only come with free support for a year but I also think that this isn’t a reasonable offer at $1995.00. At 2K I can make a reasonably good investment in another DV system and have no need for a GlobeCaster.

$1000.00 seems more like a reasonable price, with $500.00 for software upgrades each subsequent year.

Just wanted to add my $.02. Sorry if this comes off negative or bitter, but the cost still seems a bit extensive. If you drop it down to 1K gimme a holler.

-W

aidonor

Have you checked what a dealer will sell it to you for?
    Remeber their prices are list not sell price. If you’re paying list something is wrong.

harry

Mike, I think you’re doing a great job at getting our old TC archives back on line. I was concerned that they would have been lost in the corporate shuffle. I appreciate what you’re doing.

But, why did you delete my eBay post? It was an honest question.

We are all trying to help each other. Things like that causes the loyal user base to approach GS with caution, like the following quote:

“I won’t pick on my other systems company; I still use * * * their systems successfully, but improvements ARE NOT coming regularly and they charge a lot for upgrades, (which is there prerogative).”

Again, thanks for the old posts. I’m sure they are being downloaded all over the world right now to prevent any futue loss.

J. Reble

Yeah, why are posts about Globacasters on E-Bay being removed from the board?? There’s one for sale now at more than $39,000. Should be a glowing testimonial for the re-sale value of globecasters if they can actually get upwards of $40,000 for one on e-bay. I mean, it’s not like that auction is made up or anything.

If people were trying to liquidate them for next to nothing that might be another story, but David Majors over at E-bay seems pretty sure about the value of his Globecaster. I’m just surprised he never got around to opening it. Must have been a real busy guy. I’m just glad the re-sell value of these things is so high. Makes me feel better about having one. I’d think Globalstreams would want everyone else to know that as well.

Jim Capillo

Yeah, why are posts about Globacasters on E-Bay being removed from the board?? I’m just glad the re-sell value of these things is so high. Makes me feel better about having one.

Me, too. I’m selling my Trinity for $29,500. Dual W/E’s, 3 DSK’s. Heck, I’ll even throw in the computer (but no monitor). I need that for my “other system”. 8)

J. Reble

I dunno Jim. After a second look, the only units that have even received a bid in the last 6 months went for under $4,000 new, in the box with Time Machine. I’d hang onto it.

Jim Capillo

I dunno Jim. After a second look, the only units that have even received a bid in the last 6 months went for under $4,000 new, in the box with Time Machine. I’d hang onto it.

Wow….. I figured I might get big bucks for it. $4k? I might buy a couple and resell them.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.