Home Forums User Contributions Nice DVIO effect

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Esa 2 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Esa

For those who have DVIO card:

Have you tested mixing the PGM out with DVIO card configured as output?

If you pull the T-bar to over 60% down, you start to get very interesting ‘ghost’ effect in real time. The delay caused by conversion to DV format will add softness which looks really interesting. If your camera is on pedestal, everything that is stable looks normal, but everything that moves is soft. Depending on the position of T-bar, it takes a moment before stopped object becomes ‘solid’.

Cool effect – and you get it free with this card!

Bret

It’s the same thing as the recursive output. Has nothing to do with compression to DV. It just get’s delayed an extra frame like all sources.

tvgenius

It’s even better on a chroma key… 😯

Bret

yeah you can get trails. it keeps kids entertained for hours.

tvgenius

Exactly… at the CBS affil I used to work for and here at the college, that’s what I’ve always done when we do tours. Nothing like thirty 7-year-olds having an impromptu mosh pit to be on camera.

Esa

You are absolutely right: there is no extra delay with DV out. I thought there might be, but compared the effect with recursive video and result was about the same.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.