Home Forums How can I do this? Page cut DVE … how to?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  petes 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

fgolman

Obviously, the page turn DVE warp is easy to make and use. However, is it possible to have two page turns running at the same time? What I’m looking to do is to have a split down the middle (either horizontal or vertical) and then page turn each side the opposite direction. Maybe this requires dual Warp … which I have so that’s OK. Any guidance before I start on this would be appreciated.

BTW, I’m thinking of having an animated scissors go down that split so we can have, maybe, a cutting the ribbon effect?

Thanks in advance.

Fritz Golman

petes

I did something like that using 4, 1/4 screens that peeled open from the center. It only requires one WE since it’s just 4 video planes of the same source. The key is in doing the math to divide up the video and then map it correctly to your 2 planes so that it starts as a seamless image. Also you have to flip the page turn around to get the right corner to peel, so thus you have re-orient the video mapping to compensate. I never got mine to render without a small glitch though, but I’m still working on it…

petes

The glitch was operator error… 😳 I needed to change the Move, X values for the left & right planes. (I sent you the new file.)

fgolman

Hi Pete.

Got your project file.

The 4 edge peel away works fine. However, if I go and eleminate two lower boxes, scale the remaining two boxes up to half screen I can’t get it to work right.

I’ve had all kinds of wierd things go on … including a corruption of the project file on one that kind-of worked. The closest thingto working was both sides peeled away but the left side was totally solid yellow vs. the right side which ran the video properly. Other versions would move full screen left and right boxes into place (a version where I didn’t start them full screen) but as soon as the pause was hit the whole effect terminated. That one with the yellow, I couldn’t duplicate it again!

Any thoughts?

petes

Pitch the first one I sent and take a look at the one I emailed you. I fixed some things that I found wrong in the first one. (Thanks for gettin’ me back on it…) The second one should be much closer, if not exactly what you want.

amlvideo

Petes,
    Can I get a copy of your PFX file, I would like to see what you did and how you did it.
    Mike

petes

You’ve got mail…

petes

I have received many requests for the file, so here is a link to it. It’s not compiled, which makes it smaller, and you can play with it-even break it! 😯 You may all use it freely…

Click here.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.