Home Forums How can I do this? Archives Panamation 101 Question

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Kregel 2 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mark Kregel

Can anyone tell me how the graphics layer is created that is used in the Trinity demo tape along at lower edge of the show title graphics (the animated light effect along the bottom of the title “lower thirds”)? Is this an AVI perhaps imported from an outside animation program? Is the spinning globe in Kiki’s “World news tonight” DSK also an AVI? Just curious, learning fast here but still alot to learn. MK

Eric Pratt

These are indeed AVIs. Panamation can use an AVI to be either the graphics for an object, or as the alpha channel. These AVIs can be from another program or from Panamation. You could create a bar moving across the screen and save it as an AVI and then use it as the alpha data for an image. A good example of these can be found in Trinity/Bins/Panam/Sources (two clock wipes) and be used as Alpha animations.

Eric Pratt
    Trinity Tech Rep

EricP@play.com
    http://www.play.com

Mark Kregel

Hello Eric,

Could you possibly tell me the general type of software package that was used (assuming it was third party) to make that animated light effect on the Trinity demo tape (on the title lower thirds). I am fairly experienced at 3D modeling programs such as Lightwave, Truespace, and now looking at your Electric Image, but I have dabbled very little in the 2D graphics world (as this graphic appears to be). Earlier today I was actually able to “panamate” a spinning globe off to tape using a Truespace rendered AVI, and I can fly text and other objects all over the screen now, but that 2D light effect on the demo tape still has me scratching my head. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, MK

Ted

Mark, It’s been about 6 months but I think all you do is place the Title in Panamation, then draw a white stroke and annimate this from left to right. Loop it and it will continue. You might want to adjust the transparency to about 50%. Good luck. Ted Ad-Venture Video Productions

[This message has been edited by Ted (edited 02-03-99).]

Mark Kregel

Hello Ted,

Thanks for the note. That is a valid technique but this particular graphic appears to have been done a little differently. This is a variation on the Play logo where small orbs of light are spinning around the Play icon. I am starting to think it might have been created in a Mac based program akin to “After Effects” but am still not sure. It’s a very eye catching graphic though. MK

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.