Home Forums Troubleshooting Problem with CS-100

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Freestyle 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

fgolman

I’m not sure if anyone out there can help me (GS?) since this is a CS-100 issue and not too many in end-user hands, yet.

Here’s the issue (it’s a pretty big problem):

Somehow, after I’ve loaded the CS-100 drivers, the PC keyboard is now slightly remapped. The ‘G’ key always brings up the CS-100 macro manager HTML help document … NO MATTER WHAT APPLICATION I’M IN! I could be in Word, IE, CG, etc, and when I hit the ‘G’ key, it pulls up that page in IE.

HELP!

And, while you at it, let me know how to really run that macro manager … I’ve yet to be able to map any buttons other than their default!

There was an error in the first round of CS-100 software that bound the ‘g’ key to several of the items in the CS-100 program group. One solution is to select each of the shortcuts in the program group and remove the bound key. The better solution is to uninstall the CS-100 software and reboot your computer (this must be done first) then download and install the newer software from the FTP site: ftp://mercury.globalstreams.com/builds/GlobeCaster/setupcs100.exe

fgolman

Well, the new software still has the ‘g’ issue but I do want to report success with the Macro Manager software.

The key to using macros is to tell the CS-100 that it is in macro playback mode rather than the default layout.

This is handled with the ‘Toggle Mode’ button at the upper right, just above the T bar.

It’s quite cool to see the system go off and do things on it’s own … and with the ‘Toggle Mode’ you actually have two layouts that can be toggled between at the ‘touch of a button’. And, it can literally do pretty much anything, esepcially since a button can be a timeline. The Macro Manager itself allows you to run streams of commands, optionally waiting for the completing of one set before beginning the next, if you wish.

I just installed the new version of the software on a fresh computer and can confirm that it does not assign the ‘g’ key to any shortcut.

Make sure you uninstall the old software, empty the Recycle Bin and Restart you computer before installing the new software.

If you have installed the new software and continue to have issues with the ‘g’ shortcut then you will need to re-install the old software to force Windows to associate the ‘g’ key with the CS100 shortcuts. Then do the uninstall, empty Recycle Bin and Restart and Windows will forget about the shortcut key. Install the new software and everything should be fine.

fgolman

That did the trick!

Thanks!

fgolman

Hey, where can I get this file again? I had it on a USB memory stick but the device went haywire and I lost everything on it (note to self: don’t leave important stuff on these without backing them up to hard drive).

Thanks!

Fritz Golman
    fnTV
    Chicago IL

MBenke

it is still on the site, under downloads, tools and other things. http://www.globalstreams.com/support/downloads/other.php

fgolman

Thanks, got it!

FG

🙂

Freestyle

We are having an interesting problem with our CS-100. We have installed software version 1.1 and now we can not access any of the Mattes, or FS. All the input selections work fine but if we try to select FS1 in preview or program nothing happens. If on the computer keyboard I select FS1 the CS-100 still shows the last button that I selected.

I have made a macro for all of the inputs that we use but then the button lights do not work.

Has anyone else had this problem?

MBenke

are you using the beta 3.2 version of globecaster software? I noticed this prob on that.

Freestyle

I have version 3.1 build 3356 installed.

Sorry I forgot to list that before.

MBenke

what version of the cs100 software are you using? there is a newer one on our download page. http://www.globalstreams.com/support/downloads/other.php

Freestyle

I am using the version that came with the CS-100 beta version 1.1

MBenke

try downloading the one on our site and using it.
    You will want to uninstall the cs-100 software that you have installed.

Freestyle

Thanks. That fixed it. I looked at that file the other day but could not tell if it was an updated file from what I had downloaded/installed before.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.