This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  bockos 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

bockos

I would not even bother with Dvix in a professional setting. I love Dvix and have enjoyed watching a few movies thanks to that codec. Just not a solution I would offer a client.

Depending on the codec, encoding machine and wrapper we could get 30fps using our dual cpu macs. Live streaming is not where I am concerned about the highest quality. Progressive download will rule for the near future.

The MPEG4 is still not as good as Sorenson 3.1 Pro 2-pass for progressive, and Sorenson is better than Dvix. The 1-pass MPEG4 is better than the 1-pass Sorenson 3, but Sorenson produces a file that is on average 15% smaller 1 and 2-pass. I am impressed with the first MPEG beta codec from Apple for the $29.00 pro key I purchased for QT5 Pro. Once a 2-pass MPEG4 version is available, I am sure it will be better than Sorenson 3.1 Pro.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.