Home Forums How can I do this? Replacing Audio clip using same properties

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ted 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jgriffith

Does anyone know how to replace an audio clip and use the properties that were set up previously?

I have a music piece that has an animated level attached to it, I did not realize this file was being used by one of the other guys here and deleted it. I restored it from the backup, but it still can’t find it. If I drop the file directly from the time machine onto the clip on the timeline, It remembers the length, but not the levels.

Thanks for any help.

petes

Have you tried to redigitize it?

MMIevents

I encountered the same situation a couple of years ago. The music clip was being used in two seperate productions and I “lost” the animated levels in one timeline. What I discovered was that I had renamed/renumbered the clip in one timeline by one letter and the faithful computer stuck to the absolute rules. The timeline would reference the clip from TM but the properties (animation info) it could not reference. Any chance your “other person” did this? If so, you need to remember exactly what you had named the clip, change it back to that name and your saved timeline will then apply the correct properties, restoring all your animation levels. Hope this helps.

jgriffith

As far as I can tell, the name wasn’t changed anywhere, It was a file that I “ripped” off the music library cd as a wave, and then dropped it into the timeline. After which we both used the picon created in that directory for the audio file.

The only change was that it was backed up, deleted and then restored.

I ended up dropping the icon back on the timeline just below the old file that it said it could not find and matching the key frames using key frame properties. I was hoping that I would be able to even drop a new clip on the old one and keep the level properties from the original clip. I used to do this a lot in my old Toaster/Flyer system because the levels are usually pretty close to the same.

Maybe this will be a possibility for future releases…

Ted

There are no “inherit Properties” capabilities at this time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.