Home Forums Troubleshooting Sony UVW-1400 … will this work?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Yasser Issa 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

fgolman

1) Is this deck capable of being a source and/or recorder under control of the Trinity/Globecaster. I realize it’s RS-232 (vs. required 422 control which leads to the next question)?
    2) Is there an RS-232 to RS-422 convertor. If so, who is the source and has anyone used them with the Trinity/GC?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Fritz Golman

petes

As far as I know, the 1400 is the player/recorder version in the series. There are 232 to 422 converters, but that still won’t do it because you need capstan over-ride for frame accurate edits. Generally the player/recorders in a company’s deck line don’t offer this. You have to get up into the edit feeder/recorders for that. The 1600 and above are edit feeder/recorders (and have 422).

However, I see on Sony’s site that the 1400A claims frame accurate editing. Whether that’s via RS-232 or not, it doesn’t say. Maybe it’s the “A” version, but I still doubt it would perform well in a studio editing situation.

Jim Capillo

2) Is there an RS-232 to RS-422 convertor. If so, who is the source and has anyone used them with the Trinity/GC?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Fritz Golman

Fritz,

Check these guys out: http://www.bb-elec.com/productlist.asp?Dept_id=166

They have the converters – just make sure you get the right one! 💡

Yasser Issa

I had the same video, and had to replace it with a refurbished 2800P. It is not accurate as far as I remember.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.