Home Forums General Discussion Suggestions for 2.9

This topic contains 29 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Eric Pratt 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Ed Grogan

Suggestions for 2.9

1) View each video track in a different window. (mention above)
    2) Be able to slide clips under position bar and have the video displayed be the video under the bar, not the first frame of the clip.
    3) Be able to lock clips so that they cannot be stretched or shortened or their properties changed.
    4) Better highlighting method for clips. (Have you ever tried to find the highlighted clip in a 2.5 hour timeline.)
    5) Pre-built dissolves in 1/2, 1 sec etc. increments.
    6) Corner pinning capability in PFX.
    7) Convienent method to inport/export video for other applications to work on. (Example exporting to Discreet’s Combustion for motion tracking compositing.)
    8. A real jog/shuttle wheel for us editors.
    9. Ability to rename TM clips on TM.
    10. Keyboard shortcut to: Select next/last keyframe point in audio level window.
    11. 16×9 format.
    12. Ripple function that works for long time lines.
    13. Storable profiles for different users.
    14. More selection range in the speed of the title scroll function. (How about a way to define the total time allocated for the scroll and let the software adjust the speed.)

Additional sugestions available upon request.

fgolman

Also, I was thinking, here’s a nifty little productivity idea:

How about in Preditor, if you double click on a title, animation or effect, the appropriate program would load with that selected item.

IE, if you double click on a title in your timeline, TW will load with that title you clicked on. Likewise for Panimation, etc.

Just a little timesaver that I’m sure lots of people would find useful.

rpetransky

I’d like to be able to split the audio and video on a timeline so that I can drag the head and tail ends independently to make a split edit.

Also, I’d like to be able to do an insert edit from the switcher.

Plus, if I make some graphics on my laptop, then move them to the bin on my Globecaster, the bin locations for my graphic elements do not update. I have to drop each element on the graphic then resave it. Can this be corrected? Maybe an update bin button?

Improve the preview card. In the scope control panel, include an IRE scale, magnify & scroll buttons to show burst and such. Something we can engineer with not just look at for reference. Also juice up the card so that you can stream while looking at the monitor panel.

One last thing. Keyboard shortcuts for Jog/Shuttle forward & reverse for each deck.

Ted

I’d sure like the ability to just have the selected clips flattened and not the seperate audio or other clips.

cptv

Please help to make sure I’m not going crazy here…

“I’d like to be able to split the audio and video on a timeline so that I can drag the head and tail ends independently to make a split edit. ”

You can make split edits by going into the Clip Properties, unlocking the audio from the video and dragging the ends of the clip on the timeline. Is that what you want?

“I have to drop each element on the graphic then resave it.”

You can put a graphic that the GC will recognize (like a JPEG) in one of the bins (or parent up to it) and use it. If the icon appears as a picture in the bin, it’s good to go. The GC can be picky, though, but it usually works. Are you adding non-GC standard elements?

rpetransky

Thanks for the tips! I had a feeling split edits could be done, just never figured it out. As far as the graphics end, I do try to use a master bin, but I still get problems with element locations. BTW- Yes, I’m using compatible graphic files. They work just fine after I redrop the graphic onto the greyed “missing graphic” box.

Ted

The reason for the GFX situation is so the GlobeCaster/Trinity doesn’t always have to reload the GFX every time you play it. The down side, (which you’ve discovered), is that if you don’t change the changed GFX, it will not update.

amlvideo

CPTV,
    Maybe I’m not understanding your request but if you go into the clip properties and unlock the in & out point for the audio you will be able to stretch out the audio. That’s assuming you record a little extra on the front and back end of your clip.
    Or, you could drop the same clip down on the timeline twice. On the first clip kill the audio & on the second clip kill the video. Next drag the audio only clip under the video only clip. As long as you don’t have to sync up voices this might work for you.
    Mike

cptv

amlvideo,

Thanks for the tips, but I didn’t have any requests; I was helping rpetransky by quoting him and answering (see post before Ted). I think we said the same thing 😆 – you just said it better.

Thanks so much for the 2.8 flattening and AVI outputs !

Finding some other way to display the waveform/vectorscope.
    Fade the audio out in the switcher with the audio.
    A way to change the compression ratio when saving Animations.
    Mine is stuck on 6

2 robot arms to reach out and give me a neck rub every once in a while…

fgolman

In thinking about something that could be very useful for many people and probably simple to implement …

How about a button on the main switcher interface that would allow one to toggle graphics from program to preview.

Sure, this feature is in a configuration screen … but to really make the preview useful, one should be able to check the graphic before comitting it to air. Maybe the toggle should be so that you put it on preview and then with auto or DSK function it transitions up to program (switching the output from preview to program just as it would in the configuration screen). Alternatively, if even not linked with the auto or DSK button, at least a way on the main screen to turn that function on and off.

Dexter2999

Also, I was thinking, here’s a nifty little productivity idea:

How about in Preditor, if you double click on a title, animation or effect, the appropriate program would load with that selected item.

IE, if you double click on a title in your timeline, TW will load with that title you clicked on. Likewise for Panimation, etc.

Just a little timesaver that I’m sure lots of people would find useful.
    Double-clicking is easy, sometime TOO easy. I like it but some people I work with get in trouble or get frustrated with it (accidentaly double click when they didnt mean to or their clicking is somehow “off”).
    An alternative suggestion…right click and “Edit” .

Bret

I would really like to see:

1. The ability to copy layers and strokes in Animator/ Compositor.
    2. The ability to import animated CG files into Ani/Comp.
    3. More graphic/text effects in Compositor and CG such as Emboss, Bevel, glow, ect.
    4. The ability to rotate text/graphics (clockwise/ counterclockwise) in character generator.
    5. More text options in compositor i.e. outline, spacing.
    6. The ability to choose which DSK layer CG and Comp. use.
    7. The ability to have all bins default to manual ordering so that if you move a file’s position in a bin it will be in that same position in all other apps. (like the trinity 1.x software)
    8. The options to change or add keyboard shortcuts.
    9. The ability to have bins/windows overlap, esp. option menus (like in most windows apps.)
    10. Also a paint out chroma keyer, like in the Toaster 2, would be awesome.

It would be nice to be able to control the speed of the animations that are in Tittlewave. somethines I need a ouick animation and don’t want to go to panamation and take the time to create it .but the ones in the CG are a little to fast , if I could slow them down it would be great

John Thomason
    JC Productions

Eric Pratt

The Globecaster already does 16×9, if you feed it a 16×9 signal and go out to a 16×9 monitor it works fine, just the clipgrab monitors look a bit squished. That and the effects would need to be recompiled, I know some already were for NAB 2000 (remember the kiosk with the 16×9 camera and plasma monitor?).
    As for preread, you can pretty much right that one off. There’s a one frame delay through the warp engine, which as I understand it obviates the possibility of preread (at 2ns).

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.