This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

bbailey

I installed a second warp engine into my Trinity. I expected to see some sort of change in it’s operation. But nothing seems to have happened. It’s business as usual. The card shows up in the config panel. I’m running the latest patch on a Windows XP Pro computer. Any ideas? I always heard the a second warp engine would be beneficial.

Casey Green

An additional Warp Engine gives you the ability to have a second video source in a DVE. For example, if you have 2 live windows on the program output, but only 1 warp engine, you will only be able to put 1 video source into the DVE windows.

A 2nd Warp will allow real time processing of a 2nd video source, so you could have a 2nd video source in the other window.

Now take that example, and apply it to any kind of effect you can imagine.
    2 warp cards = 2 DVEd video sources.

Now, you must also have or make Content (effect files) that use the second warp card. The initial Trinity/GC software shipped with only a few of these files (Dual Warp folder). There have since been content packs you can buy that have dual warp effects… one is available from GlobalStreams… look under Products/Content Packs.

You can also make your own double warp effects within Effects Generator (Personal FX), by assigning Program and Preview (or Aux) to the video plane’s surface. There are tutorials for doing this in the Trinity/GC manual.

hope this helps,

-CG

bbailey

Thanks Casey,

I’ll give this a shot. I wasn’t sure what I should see on my switcher interface.

Casey Green

no change to the interface, just which effects you can use and create.

The Aux Bus can now be assigned to dual warp effects.

bbailey

So, how do I use the aux bus for dual warpsand which EFX are set up for dual warp on the current Trinity?

bbailey

I’m not seeing a dual warp folder on mine. 2.4 build 3087 is what she’s running.

Casey Green

trinity did not come with many Dual Warp FX. You might check the install CDs (Content Discs) and see if there are any effects to install.

But really you will need to either create them within Personal FX, or better yet, buy the Dual Warp FX packs available thru GlobalStreams or 3rd Party companies.

-CG

Anonymous

any of you guys go golfing? I’ve been thinking about doing just that… I heard it actually improves your PERSONALITY! Is this true?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.