Home Forums How can I do this? Upgrade Help What in Upgrade

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ted 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

rlhaithcock

I currently have 2.4 build 3087. What new options will be added with the upgrade? (ie. unlimited layers in preditor, multi video output avi qt mpeg1 &2 with audio sync.)

robyn

dcooper

Robyn,

2.8 will have the ability to flatten the timeline to allow more video layers, output to AVI, and compatibility with the new DV I/O board.

NatLyman

What about output to Mpeg2? Any chance of that?

dcooper

We have not got the full feature list yet in tech support. I don’t know if MPEG2 will be a direct output, but there are plenty of shareware programs out there that convert AVI to MPEG2.

NatLyman

Time, as always, is the issue. If I can avoid having to re-render something it saves time, and creates a comparative advantage.

rlhaithcock

Will the output (AVI) also have audio? If I remember you can output avi now but there is no audio with it.

mdabbs

Yes, you can output AVI from within Panamation/Animator Compositor and there’s no audio. Also, there’s a 2GB file size limitation. (Pr)editor will currently export audio with no video.

The new export will export an entire timeline to a single AVI file with audio. I’m not sure if there’s a file size limitation, I certainly hope there isn’t but have not heard for sure yet.

Ted

This will be a HUGE help with our production workflow.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stay Up to Date on News and Upgrades

Whether one of the first or one of the newest in the GlobeCaster family, we will drop you a line from time to time.